Code of Conduct
Diversity and inclusion make our company strong. We encourage participation from the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible and want to be very clear about where we stand. Our goal is to maintain a safe, helpful, and friendly company for everyone, regardless of ability, age, body size, ethnicity, experience, gender identity and expression, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, sexual orientation, or other characteristic.
This Code of Conduct applies to all one-on-one communications, slack channels, retreats and Test Double events, but also to activities outside of that scope, online and in person -- anywhere such behaviour has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of employees.
- Be respectful.
- Be welcoming.
- Be kind.
- Look out for each other.
Unacceptable Behavior (online or in person) (non-exhaustive)
- Disrespect towards others. (Jokes, innuendo, dismissive attitudes.)
- Disrespect towards differences of opinion.
- Personal insults, including those related to ability, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, or religion.
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes, language or behavior.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information ("doxxing").
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate attention or contact. Be aware of how your actions affect others. If it makes someone uncomfortable, stop.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcome sexual advances.
- Unwelcome, suggestive, derogatory or inappropriate nicknames or terms.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
- Framing disparagement as constructive criticism, and vice versa.
Understand that speech and actions have consequences, and unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated.
If violations occur, Test Double will take any action they deem appropriate for the infraction, up to and including termination of employment.